At WeDesignTrips local experts from tour operators will help you to plan your individual Panama trip without obligation.
Panama is an incredibly diverse and multifaceted vacation destination: from dense rainforest to white sandy beaches, you will find everything here. No wonder it is so popular with travelers from all over the world. Our local experts share their tips& Information for a relaxed yet eventful trip.
10 reasons to travel to Panama
- A happy destination: Panama is one of the 13 happiest nations in the world
- The Panama Canal: world famous and impressive
- Hikes in the Rainforest
- Panama City: a Central American metropolis
- Portobelo: a quiet harbor town with a lot of history
- A country for gourmets: coffee and chocolate
- Two oceans: Pacific and Caribbean Sea
- Numerous islands and beaches
- Panama is a paradise for surfers and divers
- Numerous national parks with rich flora and fauna
Travel time and duration
The dry season in Panama lasts from December to April. Most of the country's highlights are best experienced at this time of year – especially if you enjoy hiking or relaxing on the beach. A trip during the rainy season, which lasts from May to November, is also worthwhile, but requires more effort. More Tips& Info about the best time to travel to Panama can be found here.
JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC
When it comes to the best travel time for Panama, we can recommend 2 weeks as the ideal travel time to discover the highlights of the country and to relax on secluded beaches. A trip is also possible in less time, but you have to make some sacrifices. Here is an overview:
You should plan at least 7-10 days for a trip to Panama, because the flight alone takes a long time. In one week you can get to know the beautiful country: from the capital to the rainforest and cultural highlights.
14 days is the ideal duration, because you can discover the highlights of the country and enjoy some time at the beautiful beaches.
If you can plan a whole 3 weeks, everything is open to you – from an intensive round trip through Panama to a combination trip with Costa Rica.